Well, Griffin and Dakota turned 4 months while we were away in Palm Springs so I couldn’t take a picture with their ‘grow monkey. Instead, they are slippy slidey in the corner of my parents’ leather couch.
Griffin struggled with weight gain in month 4, and actually only gained 3oz in one two-week period. We had to start waking him around 10pm for an extra feed in the hopes his gain would improve. Dakota developed a nice, sunny disposition and began smiling a lot. He was catching up to his brother in weight, and it was certainly putting him in a good mood!
I should have taken some notes when they actually turned 4 months, but let’s see if I can remember some of their likes and dislikes:
- Spitting up (I swear he got an evil grin after a big one);
- His playmat;
- Rolling over (front to back);
- Teasing his brother (he mastered the art of pulling his brother’s soother out of his mouth!);
- His fuzzy dice;
- His fist in his mouth;
- His Grandma McDonald (my mom) and Great-Grandma Montes;
- Mom’s Beco;
- Flying on a plane;
- Finding his voice so he can finally talk back to his brother.
- Sudden loud noises (sneezes, coughs, door closing… it would start a never-ending screaming session!);
- Laying still while eating (hasn’t improved any since 3 months – in fact, it’s gotten worse);
- Being in his carseat for too long;
- Being held in a horizontal position – up, over the shoulder or facing out preferred, thank you very much!
- Cooing and ‘talking’, to anyone and everything (even more than at 3 months!);
- Screeching (his new favourite sound);
- Kicking – he did almost a march at every diaper change;
- Dad’s Baby Buddha;
- His playmat;
- His his fuzzy dice;
- His Grandma McDonald and Great-Grandma Montes.
- Tummy time (not much better at it than at 3 months – though he did finally roll over once!);
- Long car rides (the drives from Palm Springs to San Diego and from Long Beach to Palm Springs were not fun);
- And just like his brother, being held in a horizontal position – up, over the shoulder or facing out preferred, thank you very much!
Some pictures of the boys with their likes & dislikes: