- I realized this week I only have five weeks left on my maternity leave – back to work April 1st. The prospect leaves me frightened, sad, dismayed, and a little excited.
- Five weeks before work means 2 1/2 weeks before our family trip to Palm Springs, San Diego, & Los Angeles. Travelling with a dog and two infants – what were we thinking???
- The boys are going through another transition period. They are using their swings a lot less and spending more time on their playmat. They have started batting at hanging toys and grabbing my shirt. Grabbing toys is next, I’m sure!
- Both boys have also discovered Boomer. Boomer’s still not sure what to think of them, especially now they’re spending so much time on ‘his’ floor.
- We’re starting to transition the boys to their own cribs. So far, just daytime naps are in separate cribs. Nighttime separation to come soon!
- They are continuing to sleep really well. They have two great daytime naps (go down between 9am and 10am for 1 to 2 hours or sometimes more, then go down between 12pm and 2pm for 1 to 2 hours or sometimes more), plus a ‘sometimes’ shorter late afternoon nap. At night they go 10 to 12 hours, with just one feed break in the early morning hours. We are soooo lucky, and I thank Dr. Marc Weissbluth for all our success! At this moment, they are in hour 3 of a super afternoon nap!
- Speaking of Dr. Weissbluth, I got his Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins book. It makes a great compliment to Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which I already have.
- My husband has been working at a different location all week, quite a long commute away. He keeps missing the boys – they are often in bed before they are home. He is looking forward to being on parental leave and spending more time with them!
- With my husband working so far away, he has been unable to leave me the car and take transit it. This means Griffin & Dakota missed their normal bi-weekly weigh-in. I have no idea how much they weigh, and can’t wait until their mid-March doctor’s appointment to find out! They really seem to be growing, I’m going to have to pull out the 3-6 month clothes for Griffin soon.
- I mailed in two agility trial premiums this week – Boomer and I are back to competing! We’ll start slow with just a couple of morning runs, but I can’t wait! March 13th and 14th are our first days back.
- Agility class was cancelled this week due to extremely cold temperatures (class is in a covered outdoor barn). Boomer and I really missed our night out together.
That’s all for now! Danifred has some more leftovers ready for you here!